IMPORTANT NOTE: It is a two way process – The Company interviews you and you can interview the Company.
BEFORE – INTERVIEW
- Find out some basic company information before you go, check out their website or call them and ask to
- Send you some company information
- Make sure you have the name and job title of the person you are meeting
- Dress appropriately – possibly Suit for men and skirt suit or dress for ladies, first impressions count!
- Give yourself time to arrive early and to allow for traffic delays or getting lost
- Be punctual, arrive 10 minutes early and let the receptionist know you have arrived
- Take a spare copy of your CV and read it through again in case you get asked about it
AT THE INTERVIEW
- Be enthusiastic and show you are reasonably informed about the organisation and the role
- Take the interview seriously, your attitude is every bit as important as your qualifications
- Listen when the interviewer is talking but by all means ask intelligent and / or searching questions
- Be honest, but also ensure you actively promote your skills and potential
- Avoid one word answers, especially “no”
- If you do not know the answer to a question, say so, or if you do not understand the question always ask for clarification
- If you have any doubts about the vacancy or the company you should keep them to yourself during the interview
- Don’t criticise previous employers
- As the interview draws to a close ask how you have done, if the interviewer seems evasive or negative ask them to explain their reservations in order for you to positively respond outlining your strengths
AFTER THE INTERVIEW
Following the interview always call or email us with your feedback so we can progress the opportunity with the client
Please book for your one to one session with a consultant kostenlose automatenspiele. Alternatively attend our CV and Interview clinic events delivered by our consultants, who have the experience necessary to help you present information and yourself in the best possible light.